Did you know that more than half of the villas booked by our rental partners have Grade A status?
Our booking partners tell us that a home’s quality, condition and amenities all play a part in the overall customer experience. By bringing your home up to Grade A status, you can maximise the likelihood of our booking partners booking your home.
But what makes a Grade A home? In this blog, we’ll outline exactly what our booking partners are looking for, so you can think about any changes you might need to make to achieve Grade A status.
What makes a Grade A vacation home?
There are fourteen important factors that our booking partners look for in order to grade a vacation home as Grade A.
- Excellent curb appeal. Fresh exterior paint. Well-kept landscaping. Entrance is clean and tidy.
- Modern home with a new look and feel.
- Home fabrics and flooring are high quality and free from any marks or damage.
- Spotless bathrooms with clean grouting. Modern fixtures.
- New appliances, free from damage. Correct numbers of pots, pans, crockery and cutlery for maximum number of occupants. Excellent in appearance.
- Towels and linens are of high quality, damage free and spotless.
- Chairs and sun loungers are clean and comfortable. Enough for maximum occupancy.
- Large-screen Smart TV with high quality speakers/ surround sound in family room.
- Smart TVs in all bedrooms.
- Themed kids’ rooms.
- Games or movie room.
- Modern furniture in each room which complements the home.
Without all of these things, your home can easily drop down to a Grade B status. This makes it imperative to keep your home at tip-top condition, to replace towels and linens when needed, and make replacements to damaged items quickly.
Once your home starts showing signs of wear and tear, it will drift down to a Grade C status – and these homes will only account for ten percent of bookings. Once things obviously need replacing – whether linens or appliances or anything else – the home drops to a Grade D status and it won’t be booked by our booking partners.
That’s one of the reasons we’re so excited about the recent kitchen renovation we completed for one of our homeowners. Check it out here!
What next? Get in touch with our team
If you have concerns about any items in your house or if you’ve had any feedback that you’d like looking into, please get in touch with our team. We can also work with you on a plan to upgrade your home, if you feel it necessary.
We’re very happy to share more information about the grading criteria for homes. If you’d like to discuss our booking partners’ criteria or find out more about the way our booking partners grade homes, please contact the White Rose Villas team.